Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Review: Revelation Space

Been trying to get more reading done, and to read some of the most recommended books in my preferred genre. Here's the first.

Revelation Space (Revelation Space, #1)Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a pretty awesome book, mainly for the concepts, mood, plot, and characters. Just when I thought I'd figured out where Reynolds was headed, he went somewhere else. Lots of interesting, mind-stretching ideas, and the world building was top notch. The only downside? I found the writing a little cold. It might be by design, but Reynolds' world here is not a place with much love. Even anger is mostly muted. When he does dip into the romance/sexual pool, it's good. Again, maybe the chilliness of the characters was intended? I definitely want to read more in this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment